By Sarah Greenaway and Wayland Youth Advisory Council At Wayland’s recent Annual Town meeting, the Youth Advisory Committee presented a zoning article proposing a 6 month extension on the start date for issuing marijuana dispensary licenses in town. The vote was very...read more
READ ARTICLE IN BOSTON GLOBE WEST...read more
May 1 to May 7 is Screen-Free Week, an annual (since 1994, when it was aimed at curtailing watching TV) celebration when families are urged to swap digital entertainment -- TV, surfing the web, watching the latest Netflix series or playing with apps and video games –...read more
The Above the Influence campaign is a program of the Partnership for Drug-Free Kids. The campaign was, and continues to be inspired by what kids have told about their lives, and how they deal with the influences that shape their decisions. WaylandCares recently...read more
Finding a speaker for an all-school assembly who can engage over 800 students on the topic of staying drug-free might seem a daunting task. “This talk again?” our teenagers might protest. “Haven’t we heard enough about the dangers of alcohol and drugs? We get it!”...read more
Wayland youth learn leadership and empowerment skills WaylandCares hosted a Summer Community Leadership Week for a group of 20 students entering grades 7-12 the last week of June. The students participated in an amazing fun filled week.The focus was on leadership,...read more
Increasing awareness for town prescription take-back program. On Saturday, April 30th, 2016 the Wayland Police Department participated in the “Prescription Drug Take Back Day” sponsored by the U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency. A Wayland police officer was on hand to...read more
- E-Cigarettes/Vaping Articles
- Beware Natural Flavors and Other Hidden Animal Sources in Your Food Supply
- These are the most toxic vaping flavors
- Health R-cigarette Risk Danger Risk
- What’s Inside Vape Juice
- The FDA Wakes Up to the Danger of E-Cigarettes
- E_Cigarettes – Things You Should Know
- E-Cigarettes – What are they?
- Blog on Vaping & Its Dangers
- MA Attorney General Office Vaping Letter
- UPDATED MAP: More Communities take a stand on marijuana facilities
- Where Is The Prevention in the President’s Opioid Report?
- Screen Free Week
- Top 8 Reasons Why Teens Try Alcohol and Drugs
- Teen medicine abuse is an epidemic – one that is not poised to get better.
- Social Host Law
- National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism College Drinking
- Safe partying for all ages
- Underage drinking… it’s non-negotiable – no use – no way
- College Parties: Tips for Staying Safe
- Did teen perception, use of marijuana change after recreational use legalized?
- The Argument: Was Governor Baker right to make his recent midyear budget cuts?
- Tucson teen with goal of public service is accepted at Harvard
- Time to rethink the failed war on drugs
- 7 Hidden dangers of smoking marijuana
- Opinion: Preventing Substance Abuse in Children & Youth