Finding a speaker for an all-school assembly who can engage over 800 students on the topic of staying drug-free might seem a daunting task. “This talk again?” our teenagers might protest. “Haven’t we heard enough about the dangers of alcohol and drugs? We get it!”...read more
Wayland youth learn leadership and empowerment skills WaylandCares hosted a Summer Community Leadership Week for a group of 20 students entering grades 7-12 the last week of June. The students participated in an amazing fun filled week.The focus was on leadership,...read more
Increasing awareness for town prescription take-back program. On Saturday, April 30th, 2016 the Wayland Police Department participated in the “Prescription Drug Take Back Day” sponsored by the U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency. A Wayland police officer was on hand to...read more
As a parent or other caring adult, when we look to prevent or change particular behaviors in children, we sometimes do so by attempting to instill fear (scare tactics). When it comes to anti-substance use scare tactics, messages delivered may go something like this:...read more
Whether you were a student, parent, or faculty member, Wayland was treated to an eye opening Internet Safety talk on Tuesday with National Internet Safety Expert, Katie Greer. WaylandCares was proud to bring this presenter to our community, reinforcing the mission of...read more
Bullying is a growing problem in our country, and we’ve found some great information and resources that can help parents, educators and others who work with kids address it. Check out http://preventingbullying.promoteprevent.org. The site is maintained by...read more
- Proceed with caution on recreational marijuana licensing
- Screen Free Week
- Top 8 Reasons Why Teens Try Alcohol and Drugs
- Teen medicine abuse is an epidemic – one that is not poised to get better.
- Social Host Law
- National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism College Drinking
- Safe partying for all ages
- Underage drinking… it’s non-negotiable – no use – no way
- College Parties: Tips for Staying Safe
- Did teen perception, use of marijuana change after recreational use legalized?
- The Argument: Was Governor Baker right to make his recent midyear budget cuts?
- Tucson teen with goal of public service is accepted at Harvard
- Time to rethink the failed war on drugs
- 7 Hidden dangers of smoking marijuana
- Opinion: Preventing Substance Abuse in Children & Youth