No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.
Increasing awareness for town prescription take-back program. On Saturday, April 30th, 2016 the Wayland Police Department participated in the “Prescription Drug Take Back Day” sponsored by the U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency. A Wayland police officer was on hand to...read more
As a parent or other caring adult, when we look to prevent or change particular behaviors in children, we sometimes do so by attempting to instill fear (scare tactics). When it comes to anti-substance use scare tactics, messages delivered may go something like this:...read more
Whether you were a student, parent, or faculty member, Wayland was treated to an eye opening Internet Safety talk on Tuesday with National Internet Safety Expert, Katie Greer. WaylandCares was proud to bring this presenter to our community, reinforcing the mission of...read more
Bullying is a growing problem in our country, and we’ve found some great information and resources that can help parents, educators and others who work with kids address it. Check out http://preventingbullying.promoteprevent.org. The site is maintained by...read more
WaylandCares would like to thank the Wayland High School SADD chapter for their partnership and hard work to deliver the compelling and educational student presentation, “In Their Own Words.” WHS students did a tremendous job highlighting key data points, trends and...read more
The American Medical Association, the nation’s largest professional organization for physicians, on Nov. 19, 2013, rejected marijuana legalization despite heavy lobbying to remain neutral on the subject. The AMA’s policy statement on cannabis now states in part: “Our...read more
- UPDATED MAP: More Communities take a stand on marijuana facilities
- Where Is The Prevention in the President’s Opioid Report?
- Screen Free Week
- Top 8 Reasons Why Teens Try Alcohol and Drugs
- Teen medicine abuse is an epidemic – one that is not poised to get better.
- Social Host Law
- National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism College Drinking
- Safe partying for all ages
- Underage drinking… it’s non-negotiable – no use – no way
- College Parties: Tips for Staying Safe
- Did teen perception, use of marijuana change after recreational use legalized?
- The Argument: Was Governor Baker right to make his recent midyear budget cuts?
- Tucson teen with goal of public service is accepted at Harvard
- Time to rethink the failed war on drugs
- 7 Hidden dangers of smoking marijuana
- Opinion: Preventing Substance Abuse in Children & Youth