WHERE DOES WAYLAND STAND ON HAVING POT SHOPS IN TOWNread more
READ ARTICLE IN BOSTON GLOBE WEST...read more
By Sarah Greenaway and Wayland Youth Advisory Council At Wayland’s recent Annual Town meeting, the Youth Advisory Committee presented a zoning article proposing a 6 month extension on the start date for issuing marijuana dispensary licenses in town. The vote was very...read more
By Peter Bochner,, Wayland Resident and WaylandCares Coalition Member May 1 to May 7 is Screen-Free Week, an annual (since 1994, when it was aimed at curtailing watching TV) celebration when families are urged to swap digital entertainment -- TV, surfing the web,...read more
EMPOWER Leadership, Communication & Collaboration for youth Join us to give back to your community and be a youth leader! Work with a group of your peers from Wayland and surrounding communities on a mix of games, presentations, activities, brainstorming and...read more
The Above the Influence campaign is a program of the Partnership for Drug-Free Kids. The campaign was, and continues to be inspired by what kids have told about their lives, and how they deal with the influences that shape their decisions. WaylandCares recently...read more
- Proceed with caution on recreational marijuana licensing
- Screen Free Week
- Top 8 Reasons Why Teens Try Alcohol and Drugs
- Teen medicine abuse is an epidemic – one that is not poised to get better.
- Social Host Law
- National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism College Drinking
- Safe partying for all ages
- Underage drinking… it’s non-negotiable – no use – no way
- College Parties: Tips for Staying Safe
- Did teen perception, use of marijuana change after recreational use legalized?
- The Argument: Was Governor Baker right to make his recent midyear budget cuts?
- Tucson teen with goal of public service is accepted at Harvard
- Time to rethink the failed war on drugs
- 7 Hidden dangers of smoking marijuana
- Opinion: Preventing Substance Abuse in Children & Youth